Ordinary living grass is trampled because it cannot withstand the increased loads without losing its decorative effect, and concrete or other surfaces are not always appropriate.
In such cases, artificial grass is used to help. They can be laid near swimming pools, on sports and children’s playgrounds, patios or patios where there is little light during the day and no conditions for natural growth.
The grass cover is supplied in rolls to make artificial turf laying as easy and convenient as possible.
The principle of its structure is based on a natural prototype. The basis of the lawn is an elastic material covered with latex, which is practically not subject to deformation. Pile fibers (grass) of different thicknesses and densities are attached to it (selected according to the purpose of the lawn). The pile height usually varies from 6 to 100 mm.
Artificial grass covering can be selected for any purpose and can be of any thickness and growth direction thanks to the wide range of colours available.
There are several types of lawns made of artificial materials according to the laying principle.
The most aesthetically beautiful view, thanks to the exquisite work. It is very hard to see its difference from the natural cover. Scope of application – decoration of various sites on which no movement is provided. If you break this rule, the coating will lose its appearance quite quickly.
Optimal option for playgrounds, sports fields. The base is made of soft polyethylene fiber, which perfectly softens the impact when you fall.
It is important to consider when laying: In order to ensure that the covering is strong, an artificial roll lawn of this type is complemented by quartz sand, which is filled in between the fibers.
A specific kind used on football fields. Thanks to the combination of quartz sand and rubber granulate, it protects against serious injuries during sliding falls as it springs very well.
Artificial grass coating: advantages
Buying an artificial lawn at a low cost is now quite feasible, as many companies are engaged in the production of coverings.
Laying an artificial lawn with your own hands will make the purchase even more profitable, as it does not require special knowledge or special devices.
Professionals recommend the following sequence of actions:
- Before setting up an artificial lawn, clean up the area intended for it. Regardless of where the lawn is located:
- On the ground by the pool or on the concrete surface of a winter garden, they must be thoroughly cleaned of debris that could damage the surface. Remove glasses, stones, metal parts, tree roots and weeds; If the installation is to be carried out on top of the ground cover, it must be carefully tamped. The easiest way to do this is to use an elephant garden roller. But if it is not, a wide log or a water barrel will do. Also don’t forget to provide special gutters in which rainwater will flow;
- A backing should be used for concrete pavement as well as other hard surfaces. It is used to reduce the friction of the artificial lawn against concrete. The substrate must be carefully leveled. Now you can start laying the grass layer. This is done in a straight line, with each successive sheet laid overlapping slightly. The overlay should be 1.5 cm;
- Since artificial grass is supplied in rolls, you must allow time for it to straighten. Within 12 hours, the grass will take a vertical shape and the storage curves will be leveled off;
- Once the grass has taken its original shape, it will be placed under the joint of a special agent.